National

Child scalded after garden hose left in direct sunlight

LAS VEGAS (WFLA) - A child in Las Vegas was scalded after being sprayed by a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight.

"Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees," Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said on Twitter.

The agency also recommended letting the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people on animals.

Details on the child's condition have not yet been released. 


Local Headlines

Latest News

Trending Stories

Latest Local News

Video Center