Thursday, May 23 2013 7:53 AM EDT2013-05-23 11:53:04 GMT
RICHMOND, VA—A vehicle overturned in a Richmond wreck early Thursday morning. It happened in the northbound lanes of Chippenham Parkway, just south of the Midlothian Turnpike exit. It's unclear if anyoneMore >>
A vehicle overturned in a Richmond wreck early Thursday morning.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 6:01 AM EDT2013-05-23 10:01:44 GMT
(ABC News) Investigators with the Oklahoma Attorney General's office have already uncovered evidence of businesses taking advantage of the recent tornado's devastation by price-gouging in the weather-ravagedMore >>
Investigators with the Oklahoma Attorney General's office have already uncovered evidence of businesses taking advantage of the recent tornado's devastation by price-gouging in the weather-ravaged region, including a grocery store accused of charging consumers $40 for a case of water.More >>
HONEYWELL AWARDS 254 SCHOLARSHIPS TO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WORLDWIDE FOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM; 2 STUDENTS CHOSEN FROM VIRGINIA
Honeywell has awarded scholarships to 254 students from 30 countries and 30 U.S. states to attend the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy (HLCA) program from February 26 – March 9, 2012 at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
1. Cameron Lanier: lives in Chester/attends Appomattox Regional Governor's School in Petersburg (WK 1)
2. Katelyn Waring: lives in Chester/attends Thomas Dale High School in Chester (WK 2)
Designed in partnership with the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy provides students with a unique opportunity to engage in sessions addressing current issues in science, technology and engineering (STEM). The week-long program is designed to develop their capacities through hands on challenges and build their leadership skills.
Students will engage in interactive activities and workshops created to enhance their leadership fundamentals:
1. Simulating jet-fighter pilot training
2. Scenario-based space missions
3. Designing, building and testing their own rockets
4. Meet with top scientists, engineers, and former astronauts to reinforce core leadership competencies and provide them with first-hand accounts of professional experiences