RICHMOND, VA – The Richmond Flying Squirrels, Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, have announced that individual tickets for Opening Night presented by Erie Insurance, Clear Channel – Richmond and Boomer Magazine on April 12th have sold out. The club has only 50 tickets for the Exclusive Dale Murphy Meet & Greet in the PFG Picnic Zone still available.
"We were able to reach a sellout even faster than we did last season," said Flying Squirrels' Vice President & COO Todd "Parney" Parnell. "The excitement and anticipation for this season is pretty remarkable. I think it says a lot about Richmond and why this market is so special because this is not the case with most teams going into the season."
The Flying Squirrels sold out their 2011 home opener on April 4th, the day before the start of the season. The club sold out its inaugural home game in 2010 (April 15th) on March 22nd.
Erie Insurance is the presenting sponsor of the sold-out event.
"A Gold Glove and Silver Slugger award-winner, a flying squirrel, and fireworks add up to a fantastic family night out," said Mark Banks, Vice President and Branch Manager for Erie Insurance. "We're proud of Richmond's hometown team and thrilled to be a part of the sold-out opening night."
Only 50 tickets remain for the Exclusive Dale Murphy Meet & Greet in the PFG Picnic Zone featuring pre-game autographs and an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner with the Atlanta Braves great. Cost for the Exclusive Dale Murphy Meet & Greet, which includes a Diamond Club ticket, is just $28.
Murphy will be available to sign autographs for all fans for one hour beginning in the first inning on AAA Ultimate Fan Zone Main Stage. To help accommodate as possible, fans will be limited to one autograph per person and will not be permitted to pose for photos.
2012 Home Opening Week Celebration Schedule:
· Thursday, April 12th: 6:35 PM – Altoona Curve (Dale Murphy Appearance and Fireworks) – SOLD OUT
· Friday, April 13th: 6:35 PM – Altoona Curve (Friday the 13th Fright Fest and Fireworks)
· Saturday, April 14th: 6:35 PM – Altoona Curve (Flying Squirrels' Western Division Champions Fleece Blanket Giveaway presented by Budweiser – 21 and older)
· Sunday, April 15th: 2:05 PM – Altoona Curve (Flying Squirrels' Batting Gloves Giveaway presented by HCA Virginia Health System – 14 and under)
· Monday, April 16th: 6:35 PM – Reading Phillies (Alpaca Appreciation Night presented by An Elite Group of Virginia Alpaca Breeders)
· Tuesday, April 17th: 6:35 PM – Reading Phillies (Go Green Night)
· Wednesday, April 18th: 10:35 AM – Reading Phillies (Education Day)
Individual game tickets for the remainder of the 2012 season of Flying Squirrels baseball are currently available. For more information, contact the Flying Squirrels at (804) 359-FUNN (3866) or visit SquirrelsBaseball.com.