Electrical Malfunction Sparks Chesterfield House Fire - ABC 8NEWS - WRIC | Richmond, Virginia News & Weather

Electrical Malfunction Sparks Chesterfield House Fire

Posted: Updated:

CHESTERFIELD, VA—An electrical malfunction sparked a fire at a Chesterfield County home early Friday morning.

Fire crews were called to the 2900 block of Emblem Drive just before 6 a.m. for reports of a house fire. Crews were able to knock down flames in the basement and first floor of the home.

Fire officials said an electrical malfunction in the ceiling of the garage sparked the blaze.

Six people, including five children, were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the family. No one was injured in the fire.

 

Copyright 2012 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.