Fire Breaks Out At Chesterfield Mobile Home - ABC 8NEWS - WRIC | Richmond, Virginia News & Weather

1 Seriously Burned During Fire At Chesterfield Mobile Home

Posted: Updated:

CHESTERFIELD, VA- Three people were taken the hospital, one with serious burns after a fire broke out at a Chesterfield mobile home Wednesday morning.

Three people were inside the home at that time of the fire. They were all taken to the hospital, and at least one of the victims suffered serious burns during the fire, according to fire officials.

The fire was ruled accidental. Officials said the fire started when someone inside the home was attempting to fill a kerosene heater. The heater was still warm, and when the kerosene came into contact with the heater, it ignited.

One person suffered serious burns, a second victim suffered minor injuries and a third suffered an unspecified medical condition. The victim's names have not been released.

The fire broke out at a mobile home in the 1700 block of Suburban Village Loop around 8:00 a.m. Wednesday.

When fire crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the front of the trailer. Crews were able to extinguish the fire in just about 20 minutes.

Stay with 8News for updates.

Copyright 2012 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.