HENRICO, VA—Students from Tuckahoe Elementary School are headed back to the classroom Thursday morning after a November fire damaged the building.
Students will return to their classrooms Thursday.
A group of nearly 700 students have been attending Short Pump Middle School, while repairs were being made at Tuckahoe Elementary School.
The fire started when a light malfunctioned, and fell onto a couch. The couch then caught fire, and the flames spread.
Officials say while the fire only burned in one classroom, the school suffered extensive smoke damage.
Copyright 2012 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond
301 Arboretum Place, Richmond VA, 23236