Friday, May 24 2013 4:18 PM EDT2013-05-24 20:18:56 GMT
RICHMOND, VA—Candy made out of marijuana has made its way to Virginia. "It looks just like a tootsie roll or a piece of fudge, and if it's out of the wrapper, there would be no way to know," said WayneMore >>
Candy made out of marijuana has made its way to Virginia.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 4:13 PM EDT2013-05-24 20:13:37 GMT
RICHMOND, VA—Neighbors in the Forrest View area say their backroads are turning into speedways. Residents took their concerns to the City's See—Click—Fix website, but are still waiting for answers, soMore >>
Neighbors in the Forrest View area say their backroads are turning into speedways.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 4:10 PM EDT2013-05-24 20:10:23 GMT
RICHMOND, VA—Work is underway to relocate the Black History Museum and Cultural Center of Virginia. The center will soon be expanding to nearly three times its current size. It's all part of the museum'sMore >>
Work is underway to relocate the Black History Museum and Cultural Center of Virginia.More >>
HENRICO, Va – Three adults and one juvenile were displaced after fire rips through their home. At 2:05 AM Henrico County Division of Fire responded to a report of a house on fire at four S. Fern Avenue. The 911 caller advised they had fire in a bedroom and flames were visible from the back of the house. When fire crews arrived they found a one story single family home with fire visible from one side of the home.
Fire units confirmed that everyone had gotten out but the family dog was still inside. Fire crews entered and located the dog and brought him to safety. Crews made progress with fire knock down but ran into difficulty when the fire extended to the attic. It took fire crews 45 minutes to bring the blaze under control. Extensive fire damage occurred and the home will be uninhabitable. The American Red Cross has been notified to assist the family.
The occupants did have a smoke detector in the home that did not activate. The fire was discovered by one of the family members who attempted to fight the fire with a pail of water. The occupant notified the other members of the family who also attempted to fight the fire with two fire extinguishers before calling 911. No injuries were reported.
Henrico Fire would like to remind you replace your batteries twice a year and check your smoke detector once a month, It could be the difference of life or death of you or a family member.