8News is giving away a getaway for two to the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg! Watch Thursday 2/14 starting at 5pm for your chance to win.
WRIC-TV 8 Watch and Win Kingsmill Resort Getaway
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Participation in the "WRIC-TV 8 Watch and Win Kingsmill Resort Getaway" on WRIC-TV 8 ("Contest") is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prize is non-transferable by winner. Contest is offered only to legal Virginia residents who reside within the Richmond-Petersburg DMA as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services. Employees of Young Broadcasting of Richmond, Inc., Kingsmill Resort, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), other electronic media companies, and the immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses, and in-laws) or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible to participate. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Winners of a WRIC-TV 8 contest or sweepstakes within the past 60 days from this Contest are not eligible. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting the broadcast of the cue to call or entry process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, in Sponsors' sole discretion, than the timely execution of the Contest or timely broadcast of the cue to call.
4. PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING. A total of one (1) grand prize will be offered. The grand prize consists of: one (1) $100 Visa gift card, a one-night stay for two persons at the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, VA, including a golf and spa package. The spa package has a retail value of $260, the golf package has a retail value of $140, and the overnight stay has a retail value of $169. Odds of winning depend on the number of calls received and the order in which they are received. Winner must be at least 18 years of age. The total retail value of the grand prize is $669. All grand prize components must be used during the same stay and must be used by February 14, 2014. Blackout dates may apply, and Kingsmill Resort may apply certain restrictions and limitations on the use of the prize. Winner and guest should contact Kingsmill Resort to determine all limitations and restrictions. Unused portions of the grand prize are forfeited and no prize substitution by winner or guest is available.
Prizes are non-transferable by winners and may not be redeemed for cash. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize descriptions above, including but not limited to transportation, gratuities, meals, and additional golf and spa services, are the responsibility of the Winner and guest. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event the scheduled prize or any component thereof becomes unavailable for any reason.
Prize certificate must be claimed at the WRIC-TV 8 Studios, at 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236 on any non-holiday weekday within 30 days of the date on which the winner won, from 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET ("Claim Time"). To claim prize, winner must provide a valid driver's license, state identification card, or other valid government-issued photo identification satisfactory to the Sponsors. Failure to claim prize during the Claim Time may result in the forfeiture of the prize.
5. IDENTIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS/USE OF VOICE AND LIKENESS: Entrants' calls may be recorded for use as part of the Contest or in future advertising or promotion on WRIC-TV 8. By entering, entrants grant WRIC-TV 8 permission to use their voice, likeness, character, and/or name. Winner further grants Sponsors full permission and authority to use his or her voice, likeness, character, and/or name in all forms of advertising or promotion without compensation, further permission, or opportunity for review.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the Contest offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the winners. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of Sponsor are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner of a prize is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate winner from remaining entries, or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with or resulting from the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
7. DISCLAIMER/INTERNET/WARRANTIES: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserves the right in their discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to select winner from eligible entries received as of the early termination of the Contest should such early termination, cancellation, modification, or suspension occur. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any communications equipment, telephone network or lines, computer, on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, and (iii) assume no responsibility for any combination of the aforementioned events, including for any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in, or downloading or uploading any materials relating to, this Contest. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
8. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law, or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. Arbitration in Richmond, Virginia, shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and for this Contest. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Virginia in Richmond shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Virginia in Richmond. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. OFFICIAL RULES and LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these official Contest rules, visit www.WRIC.com, or send an SASE to or visit the WRIC-TV 8 studios at 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236. Rules requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 14, 2013. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules or to alter, modify, or terminate the Contest, as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 30, 2013, to WRIC-TV 8, 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236, Attn: WRIC-TV 8 Watch & Win Kingsmill Getaway Winner's List.
10. SPONSORS: WRIC-TV 8, 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236; Kingsmill Resort, 1010 Kingsmill Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185.