PETERSBURG, VA—Traffic lights at a dozen Petersburg intersections could be removed.
Petersburg Public Works is considering removing traffic lights at 12 intersections within the city.
The lights would be replaced by flashing lights or a stop sign.
The City Council will hear the proposal during a council meeting February 19.
If the plan moves forward, a 30-day trial period would be implemented.
The intersections in question are:
- Bollingbrook Street at Sycamore Street
- Bollingbrook Street at Third Street
- Bank Street / High Street at Market Street
- Bank Street at Crater Road
- Franklin Street at Sycamore Street
- Washington Street at Perry Street
- Bank Street at Sycamore Street
- Tabb Street at Sycamore Street
- Halifax Street at Market Street
- Halifax/ Va Avenue
- Sycamore St/Graham Rd
- E. Washington/Lakemont
Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond
301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.