RICHMOND, VA—A Richmond home undergoing renovations went up in flames late Monday night.
The fire broke out a home near the intersection of Rogers and T Streets.
A neighborhood called 911 at approximately 10:22 p.m. to reports signs of smoke coming from the home's roof.
When fire crews arrived on scene, flames were shooting from the home's roof. It took crews more than an hour to get the blaze under control, fire officials said.
Firefighters had to battle strong winds in order to knock down the fire.
The home was undergoing renovations, and no one was home at the time of the fire.
The home's second floor and roof sustained significant damage. It's unclear what sparked the fire, or where it started.
No one was injured in the fire, but a neighboring home sustained minor damage due to exposure to the fire, fire officials said.
Stay with 8News for updates.
Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond
301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.