Sunday, May 19 2013 4:02 PM EDT2013-05-19 20:02:13 GMT
(ABC News)--Aimee Copeland, the 25-year-old who lost her hands, both feet and her entire right leg to flesh-eating bacteria a year ago, has received two new bionic hands. Copeland spent the week in OhioMore >>
Aimee Copeland, the 25-year-old who lost her hands, both feet and her entire right leg to flesh-eating bacteria a year ago, has received two new bionic hands...More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 3:32 PM EDT2013-05-19 19:32:01 GMT
RICHMOND, Va - We are getting word of a possible homicide in Richmond. The incident is said to be on Fendall Ave. Little is known of the shooting, but we have crews heading toward the scene and will haveMore >>
A Sunday afternoon fatal shooting in north Richmond is being investigated; police are searching for a possible suspect who witnesses saw fleeing the scene...More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 3:25 PM EDT2013-05-19 19:25:01 GMT
RICHMOND, Va - Frederick "Toots" Hibbert, frontman for the legendary reggae band The Maytals, was hospitalized in Richmond, VA for injuries sustained while performing at the Dominion Riverrock festivalMore >>
Officials say the leader of the reggae band Toots and the Maytals was injured when a 19-year-old man threw a bottle and hit the singer during a concert in Richmond...More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 3:18 PM EDT2013-05-19 19:18:53 GMT
LUNENBURG, CO, Va - On May 18, 2013 at approximately 1:00 a.m. the Lunenburg County Sheriff's Office responded to a shooting call on Pleasant Oak Road in Lunenburg County. Upon arrival deputies learnedMore >>
Police are searching for a man considered armed and dangerous in connection to a quadruple shooting incident in Lunenburg home Saturday; preliminary investigation has revealed that the incident stemmed from a fight...More >>
MECHANICSVILLE, VA—An early morning fire sent three young children to the hospital after a fire broke inside a bedroom of their Mechanicsville home Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 3 a.m. at a single-story home in the 8200 block of Bultaco Trail, near State Route 634.
A 9-month-old baby and a 7-year-old child were about to escape the blaze with their mother, but an 11-year-old child had to be rescued from the home by Sheriff's Deputies.
A deputy was able to break a bedroom window and pull the 11-year-old from the fire.
The 11-year-old suffered extensive smoke inhalation and remains hospitalized at VCU Medical Center. The 9-month-old baby and 7-year-old child were also taken to VCU Medical Center.
The 9-month-old was released from the hospital, but the two other children remain hospitalized.
The fire was contained to a bedroom, and crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.