No Injuries In Chesterfield Garage Fire - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

No Injuries In Chesterfield Garage Fire

Posted: Updated:

Chesterfield, VA—No residents were displaced or injured after a garage attached to a home caught fire Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters arrived at the home at 11600 Winterpock Road at approximately 4:30 p.m. The garage was heavily damaged by the flames, but the home sustained didn't sustain any damage, and is still habitable.

Officials say a portable space heater too close to combustible materials was the cause of the blaze.

 

Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.