Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
25 East Coast Wholesalers and the Anheuser-Busch Foundation Commit Funds to Support Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts
ST. LOUIS, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Anheuser-Busch Foundation and 25 Anheuser-Busch wholesalers recently donated a combined total of $179,000 to the American Red Cross to help aid Northeast residents impacted by Hurricane Sandy. After the storm hit the East Coast, select Anheuser-Busch wholesalers committed to contribute 5 cents per case on package cases of Budweiser sold from December 1-31, 2012. The Anheuser-Busch Foundation also agreed to match wholesaler contributions, up to $100,000, which brought the total donation for the initiative to $179,000.
"As wholesalers who live and work in the states most affected by Hurricane Sandy, we've seen the devastation first hand," said Bob Tallett, Region Vice President of Sales for Anheuser-Busch. "We hope our contribution will help our neighbors as they continue on the path to recovery."
"Even though Hurricane Sandy made landfall months ago, there are still people who need assistance," said Margarita Flores, Vice President of Community Affairs at Anheuser-Busch. "By participating in this wholesaler-led campaign, and donating funds to the American Red Cross with the Anheuser-Busch Foundation, we are helping bring attention to the need for donations that still exists."
The following Anheuser-Busch wholesalers contributed to the donation, which was based on a portion of each wholesaler's total sales of Budweiser package cases sold in December 2012:
• Northern Eagle Beverage Company (Carlstadt, N.J.)
• Clare Rose (Melville, N.Y.)
• Anheuser-Busch of New Jersey, LLC (Jersey City, N.J.)
• Clare Rose (East Yaphank, N.Y.)
• Konrad Beer Distributor Inc. (Deptford, N.J.)
• Dutchess Beer Distributors, Inc. (Kingston, N.Y.)
• Harrison Beverage Company (Pleasantville, N.J.)
• Dana Distributors, Inc. (Goshen, N.Y.)
• Ritchie & Page Dist. Co., Inc. (Robbinsville, N.J.)
• D. Bertoline & Sons, Inc. (Peekskill, N.Y.)
• Hartford Distributors, Inc. (Manchester, Conn.)
• Guy Distributing Co., Inc. (Leonardtown, Md.)
• Levine Distributors Co., Inc. (Norwich, Conn.)
• Bob Hall, LLC (Upper Marlboro, Md.)
• Dichello Distributors, Inc. (Orange, Conn.)
• Kelly Distributors, LLC (Easton, Md.)
• Capital Eagle, Inc. (Washington, D.C.)
• Eastern Shore Distributing LTD (Salisbury, Md.)
• N-K-S Distributors, Inc. (New Castle, Del.)
• Katcef Brothers, Inc. (Annapolis, Md.)
• N-K-S Distributors, Inc. (Milford, Del.)
• The Winner Distributing Co. (Baltimore, Md.)
• Union Beer Distributor, Inc. (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
• Sentman Distributors, Inc. (Elkton, Md.)
• A-B Distributors of NY, Inc. (Bronx, N.Y.)
The American Red Cross will utilize this donation to provide assistance to residents in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.
This cents-per-case wholesaler program is the fourth Anheuser-Busch initiative carried out in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Soon after the storm made landfall, Anheuser-Busch distributed more than 1 million cans of emergency drinking water to the areas of impact. The Anheuser-Busch Foundation also made a separate $100,000 donation to the American Red Cross for disaster relief efforts in November. To support the American Red Cross' text-to-pledge campaign in December, Anheuser-Busch donated billboard space in Times Square to increase awareness and pledges.
Helping communities cope with disasters has been an Anheuser-Busch tradition since 1906 when the company made a donation to victims of the San Francisco earthquake. Today, in addition to providing monetary support, Anheuser-Busch packages emergency drinking water and donates it to relief organizations for distribution to those in need. Since 1988, Anheuser-Busch has donated more than 72 million cans of emergency drinking water following natural and other disasters.
About the Anheuser-Busch Foundation For more than 100 years, Anheuser-Busch and the Anheuser-Busch Foundation have reached out to groups in need, contributing to community organizations across the country and touching countless individual lives. Since 1997, the company and its foundation have donated nearly $510 million to charitable organizations, including those that support education, the environment, economic development, disaster preparedness/relief and support of those who serve our country. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.