CHESTERFIELD, VA—Nine people are without a place to stay after a fire ripped through their Chesterfield County home early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out at a home in the 4700 block of Sherman Road, off Heatherhill Drive.
One person was inside the home at the time of the fire; that person was able to escape the home. The person suffered minor smoke inhalation, and was treated on scene.
The fire began in the kitchen, but fire officials have not determined what sparked the fire.
Five adults and four children who were displaced by the fire are being assisted by The American Red Cross.
Stay with 8News for updates.
Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond
301 Arboretum Place, Richmond VA, 23236