UPDATE: Boy Saves Grandmother From House Fire - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

UPDATE: Boy Saves Grandmother From House Fire

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE (09/30/2013): The 13-year-old boy who rescued his blind, wheelchair-bound grandmother from a fire on Sept. 20 has been honored by the Henrico County Board of Supervisors for his life-saving efforts.

 

GLEN ALLEN, Va. (WRIC)--No one was injured in a house fire on the 9200 block of Tweed Place thanks to a 13-year-old boy.

McKinley Johnson returned home from school and heard the smoke detector going off. He ran into the residence to rescue his blind, wheelchair-bound grandmother. Both were able to exit the house safely.

 

Copyright 2013 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.