FORT LEE – If funding for government operations is not approved by Tuesday, the resulting lapse in appropriations will directly impact the installation and its workforce.
While all military personnel would remain in a normal duty status, many of the more than 5,000 Department of Defense civilian employees would be temporarily furloughed.
Fort Lee will continue supporting key military operations and maintain activities like police, fire and emergency response operations.
The following is a list of services affected.
• Fort Lee's commissary will remain open one full business day Tuesday, the first day of the new fiscal year, to reduce the amount of perishables on-hand before closing, according to Defense Commissary Agency.
• All fitness centers except the MacLaughlin Fitness Center will be closed.
• All hunting on Fort Lee will be suspended.
• The privately owned weapons range will be closed.
• The Wednesday grand opening of a new Child Youth Center will be postponed.
• The annual Army Family Action Plan Conference scheduled here Tuesday-Thursday will be canceled.
• These Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs and facilities will be closed: Outdoor Recreation, Leisure Travel Services, Army Community Library, Picture Perfect Frame Shop, Adventure Park and Auto Crafts.
• The Lee Theater will remain open if there is a lapse in appropriations.
• Army Community Service programs such as Survivor Outreach Services and the Exceptional Family Member Program will be closed; limited financial counseling services will be offered.
• The Army Education Center will remain open with limited services.
• Passport processing and forms and records support services at the Solider Support Center will be suspended.
• Services at the new Training Support Center will be limited.
• The U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum and U.S. Army Women's Museum will remain open, but with reduced support for special services.
• Security operations and hours at installation access gates will remain the same.
• Kenner Army Health Clinic will offer all health and medical services as normal.
• Operating hours at all Child Development and Youth Centers on post will remain the same.
• Normal operations will continue at all Fort Lee Exchange facilities, including the Xpress gas station, the shoppettes and all food service areas.
For details on other specific services at Fort Lee that may be impacted, visit www.lee.army.mil.
301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.