SALAD IN SOUR CREAM DRESSING
4 to 6 servings
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled or unpeeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream or reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white or white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar or the equivalent of 2 teaspoons
sugar in granulated sugar substitute (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons finely snipped fresh dill weed
or ½ teaspoon dried dill weed or to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Crisp mixed salad greens or leaf or Boston or bib lettuce as desired
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced or chopped (include
some green tops) for garnish
- Chopped sweet red pepper or drained chopped pimento as
desired for garnish
Prepare cucumbers, place in a medium bowl, and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill
weed, salt, and pepper, blending well; spoon mixture over cucumbers, mixing
gently, but well. Cover and chill
mixture until serving time.
To serve, arrange crisp greens or lettuce leaves on
individual salad plates. Spoon cucumber
mixture on to lettuce-lined salad plates. Garnish each with sliced or
chopped green onion and shopped sweet red pepper or pimento.