Residents inside a burning apartment building in Richmond were able to escape without injury late Sunday night.
Fire crews were called to an apartment building on Cutshaw Avenue at about 11 p.m. Sunday. They arrived on scene to find smoke coming from the roof and second floor.
The blaze was quickly extinguished, and all residents were evacuated safely.
The cause of the fire was due to an electrical short in the ceiling above a second floor apartment.
Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond