House Fire In Chester Leaves Home Destroyed - ABC 8NEWS - WRIC | Richmond, Virginia News & Weather

House Fire In Chester Leaves Home Destroyed

Posted: Updated:

CHESTER (WRIC) - The cause of the house fire on the 5200 block of West Hundred Rd in Chester, has been ruled to have been started by a space heater.

Fire crews arrived around 2:05pm Saturday to find the house fully involved and some of the residents were in the process of removing furniture out of the burning home. One person was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.

Crews got the fire under control within about a half an hour. The Red Cross was called for help with but the family found other accommodations.

Stay with 8News for the latest.

 

Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.