Grange Hall Elementary Evacuated Due to Fire - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

Grange Hall Elementary Evacuated Due to Fire

Posted: Updated:
Grange Hall Elementary School was evacuated just before 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon due to reports of an electrical fire (Photo by Tony Luckett). Grange Hall Elementary School was evacuated just before 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon due to reports of an electrical fire (Photo by Tony Luckett).

MOSELEY, Va. (WRIC)—Grange Hall Elementary School was evacuated just before 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon due to reports of an electrical fire.

According to Lieutenant Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire & EMS, a commercial-sized electrical panel in the basement overheated and caught fire. Firefighters arrived on scene to find a “light haze” of smoke in the basement and one wing of the school.

Firefighters have shut off power to the building and are awaiting Dominion Virginia Power crews to assess the situation.

The school is located at 19301 Hull Street Road, near the Metro Richmond Zoo.

Students, faculty and staff were relocated to Parkway Baptist Church at 8508 Beaver Bridge Road in Moseley. No injuries have been reported. All after-school activities have been canceled.

This is a developing story. Stay with ABC 8News on air, online and on the go for updates.


Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond


Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.