'Energized Electrical Fixture' Cause of Henrico Fire - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

'Energized Electrical Fixture' Cause of Henrico Fire

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, Va. (WRIC) - Henrico County Division of Fire responded to the 4400 block of Bramblewood Ln in Henrico County's North Side for an apartment fire at 8:23 Friday evening.  No one was home in the apartment where the fire started at the time of the fire.  All occupants in the other apartments were able to make it out of the apartment building uninjured. 

First arriving units reported fire from the balcony and roof with heavy smoke from the third story of the apartment building.  Inside crews found a large amount of fire from the rear balcony and attic of third story apartment.  The fire was quickly knocked down in less than thirty minutes and contained to the building where it started.   

The apartment building had a total of 11 apartment units.  A total of ten families with 22 adults and 4 children occupied the building.  The American Red Cross was responding to the scene with a large crew with preparations to assist everyone if necessary. A visitor to another building across the street noticed smoke coming from the building.  He ran into the building and alerted the occupants of the building.   

The Fire Marshal's Office with Henrico County Division of Fire has determined the cause to have been accidental in nature.  The fire was caused by an energized electrical fixture in a storage room off of the patio of a second floor apartment. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

Stay with 8News for the latest.


Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond




Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.