2 Spotsylvania Deaths Caused By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

2 Spotsylvania Deaths Caused By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted: Updated:
SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. (AP) - Authorities say two men died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Spotsylvania County home.
    
Their bodies were found Monday after one of the men did not report to work and co-workers went to his house to check on him.
    
Local media says the men were identified as 55-year-old John T. Johnson and 45-year-old Carlton T. Smith.
    
Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Capt. Troy Skebo says an investigation found that power to the house had been turned off and the men were using two generators. They were not properly vented.
    
It's not known why the power had been turned off.
    
The medical examiner's office said the deaths were accidental, with a cause of asphyxia.
    


(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.