One woman was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in eastern Henrico County Thursday.
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) -
One woman was sent to the hospital after a house fire in the East End of Henrico Thursday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to the 100 block of Defense Avenue around 4:10 p.m. for reports of a home on fire. When the first crews arrived on scene, they saw flames shooting from the front door and heavy smoke billowing from the roof of the small two story house.
Within 30 minutes, the fire had been extinguished; the scene was marked under control around 4:47 p.m.
One woman who was inside the home was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Due to Thursday's high temperatures, fire crews were rotated on a regular basis while fighting the flames.
Henrico Fire officials wish to remind the public that smoke detectors can save lives. Check them often to ensure they're working properly and change the batteries twice a year.