Leaf Blower Sparks Chesterfield Shed Fire - 8NEWS - WRIC | News Where You Live

Leaf Blower Sparks Chesterfield Shed Fire

Posted: Updated:
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) -

A leaf blower is to blame for a large shed fire on Bonnie Brae Road Thursday evening. Several power lines fell onto a fence due to the flames and knocked out power to several homes in the area.

The Chesterfield County Fire Department responded to the large shed blaze at 4763 Bonnie Brae Road around 7:35 p.m. on August 7. The structure was engulfed in flames when crews arrived. They noticed that power lines near the shed had fallen onto a fence, as well.

Operating with extreme caution due to the live power lines on the metal fence, crews extinguished the fire.

Several homes in the area lost power as a result of the power lines falling onto the fence; Dominion Virginia Power later restored service to these houses. 

Thankfully, there were no injuries in this incident. 

The cause of the fire, according to fire officials, was a recently-used leaf blower placed in the shed near combustible materials. 

Copyright 2014 by Young Broadcasting of Richmond

 

Powered by WorldNow

301 Arboretum Place, Richmond
VA, 23236

Telephone: 804.330.8888
Fax: 804.330.8881
Email: news@wric.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.