EIN Presswire | Newsmatics
PDQ releases 2023 State of Sysadmin report on IT industry
News provided byEIN Presswire
Jan 24, 2023, 12:17 PM ET
New study of IT industry shows rise in cybersecurity attacks, especially in healthcare and industrial companies.SALT LAKE CITY, UT, USA, January 24, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Tech layoffs and remote employees weren’t the only stressor for IT professionals this year. 2022 saw a major spike in cyberattacks, and according to a new report released by software company PDQ, industrial companies and healthcare were hit the hardest. To better understand the IT industry, PDQ conducted an in-depth study of more than 1,000 sysadmins around the world and found some surprising challenges — along with a few much needed reprieves.
• Healthcare and education are the most stressful work environments for sysadmins, with over 40% of IT pros saying they are more stressed at work now than they were last year.
• Despite major layoffs in the tech sector this year, sysadmins in tech feel the most confident in their job security — and report less stress than their colleagues in other industries.
• Two years into the pandemic, more companies are returning to the office. Sysadmins reported that only 35% of companies have at least a quarter of their employees working remotely — that’s down 13 points from last year.
• Education and government have the highest percent of on-site employees, while tech companies offer more remote options.
• Over 73% of sysadmins said they get the support they need from executive teams. That’s a 16-point increase from 2022. Given the surge in cybersecurity attacks this year, it could be that the C-suite recognizes more than ever how much they need a strong IT team.
To learn more about what’s happening in the IT industry, read the full 2023 State of Sysadmin report. And don't forget to tune in to the PDQ webcast (airing Friday, January 26, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. MT) for a special episode all about the report.
PDQ is an industry leader in software and IT asset management. PDQ helps IT professionals across small and large companies to manage and organize hardware, software, and configuration data for Windows and Apple-based devices. PDQ’s tools seamlessly automate patch management and other software deployments. Founded in 2001, PDQ is headquartered in South Salt Lake, Utah. For more information, please visit www.pdq.com.
PDQ | Live: The State of Sysadmin Report