(NEXSTAR) – After a year that brought a pandemic, a stock market crash, social disruption and ongoing natural disasters, 2020 voters can’t be judged for indulging a little after casting their ballots.
Anyone who stops by a U.S. store can get a free glazed donut and an “I Voted” sticker.
As part of the online food delivery service’s campaign to “Delivery Your Voice,” customers can save time cooking with one of the following offers on Nov. 3:
- 7-Eleven: Free delivery on orders of $15+
- BurgerFi: Free delivery on orders of $15+
- California Pizza Kitchen: $10 off on orders of $30+
- Pret A Manger: $5 off on orders of $15+
- Wow Bao: $5 off on orders of $20+
Grubhub is urging customers to “keep a lookout for other perks nearby from restaurants including Boston Market, Haagen Dazs, Kung Fu Tea, PF Changs, Red Lobster and more!
Car rental company Hertz will help voters get to the polls by offering customers a free car on Election Day from participating locations. The deal is only on offer for people who book a vehicle for at least two days, starting on November 2nd or 3rd. Customers need to use the code 210350; see more details here.
“We want to make it easier for people to exercise their right to vote – especially those who need safe and reliable transportation,” said Laura Smith, Hertz Executive Vice President of Global Marketing and Customer Experience. “We’re happy to provide local and convenient mobility options to the communities we serve on Election Day.”
The ride-share company is offering 50% off rides on Election Day to help get you to the polling station. Use the code 2020VOTE to take advantage of the deal, which applies to ride costs up to $10. The code is also good for bike and scooter rides in select cities.
Uber is also pledging to help get out the vote and is partnering with Pizza to the Polls to deploy a fleet of over 250 food trucks across 25 cities “to deliver free food and good vibes.” The trucks will be on the road from Vote Early Day on Oct. 24 through Election Day.
“We know that in 2016, 14% of eligible voters noted transportation as a barrier to voting, the company said in a statement. “That’s why we’re helping people find their polling locations.”
The ride-share app says it will also be giving 50% off roundtrip rides to and from the polls, utilizing an in-app poll finding feature, with up to $14 total discount in both directions. The deal also applies to bikes and scooters.\
2020 ELECTION COVERAGE
- President Donald Trump’s legal team suffered yet another defeat in court Friday as a federal appeals court in Philadelphia roundly rejected the campaign's latest effort to challenge the state’s election results.
- The Biden-Harris ticket has 80,033,996 votes with as many more still to tally, according to a running count by the non-partisan Cook Report. Each additional vote adds to the highest general election total in history.
- Trump ally, former NJ governor Chris Christie: president's election fraud claims are a 'national embarrassment'In an interview on Sunday, former New Jersey Governor and frequent Trump aide Christie condemned the Trump team's challenges against the victory of president-elect Joe Biden as "a national embarrassment."
- President Donald Trump’s campaign has requested a recount of votes in the Georgia presidential race, a day after state officials certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the state.
- Georgia’s top elections official on Friday certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the presidential race in the state after a hand tally stemming from a mandatory audit affirmed the Democrat’s lead over Republican President Donald Trump.
- Fighting to challenge an election he lost to President-elect Joe Biden, Trump has launched a barrage of lawsuits across the country. Top Republicans have stood behind him and said they will wait for those cases to be resolved before officially recognizing the winner, a standard that has no modern precedent.
- WILMINGTON, Del. (NEXSTAR/AP)- President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris held a news conference Thursday afternoon after meeting with the National Governor Association's leadership team. The National Governor Association's leadership team is comprised of five Republicans and four Democrats. According to the Associated Press, all of the Democrats and a majority of the Republicans […]
- Democratic Party officials in Virginia sent a letter Thursday to Richmond's Electoral Board calling for the resignation of the city's general registrar, J. Kirk Showalter, or for the board to dismiss Showalter over her handling of the 2020 election.
- A divide has begun to emerge among Democrats between the progressive and moderate wings of the party, stemming from a disappointing election performance.
- SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — When Gov. Brian Kemp won election two years ago, he pushed back forcefully against an outcry from Democrats who accused him of suppressing voter turnout to improve his odds of winning. “Look, we have laws on the books that prevent elections from being stolen from anyone,” Kemp, who oversaw that election […]