RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Tri-Cities see two motorcycle crashes in recent days as weather gets warmer
- Petersburg man to face 31 years behind bars for shooting
- StormTracker8: Temperatures fall below freezing tonight
- Illinois family grieving loss attributed to ‘COVID psychosis’
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm