BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Landers Nolley II had his first career double-double, freshman Hunter Catoor set season highs with 17 points and five 3-pointers, and Virginia Tech cruised to a 92-37 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Nolley finished with 18 points and a career-best 10 rebounds. John Ojiako added 15 points, Tyrece Radford scored 13 and Jalen Cone 11 for the Hokies.
Nolley hit a 3-pointer to start the scoring and another to cap a 32-5 run over the first 12-plus minutes of the game.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two Virginia Walmart stores close for the evening due to ‘potential threat’
- StormTracker 8: Slow clearing skies tonight
- Glass shattered in break-in at Carytown Tobacco amid riots early Saturday morning
- ‘Two wrongs do not make a right’: Mayor Levar Stoney weighs in on Richmond protest
- GRTC suspends all services through Sunday night