ATLANTA (AP) – Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite scored 17 points apiece as defending national champion Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-58 win over Georgia Tech.
The Cavaliers finally regained their winning touch after dropping out of The Associated Press ranking for the first time since November 2017.
Virginia led by as many as 14 in the second half, and held on after Yellow Jackets ripped off a 9-0 run to make a game of it.
Georgia Tech lost its fourth straight home game despite 20 points from Jose Alvarado.
The Yellow Jackets haven’t won at McCamish Pavilion since Dec. 4.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- StormTracker8: Plenty of clouds tomorrow with isolated showers
- Man driving motorcycle dies after a crash in Gloucester
- ‘We just need you back home safe’: Family of Olivia Grace Green the missing 12-year-old Powhatan girl asks for community’s help
- Fender bender shuts down access to Powhatan County Fair Saturday evening
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations