RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Deciding on something to do for the weekend can be tough for some people. Luckily, finding events to attend is not!
8News has put together a list of upcoming events this weekend you can try in the area. For some events you’ll need a ticket (but you can enjoy mac and cheese) while others you’ll be able to just walk in and enjoy the fun!
Petersburg Haunts: Oct. 11
Want to learn more about Petersburg’s history while getting a good scare? Petersburg Haunts is a 90-minute tour of the city’s historic buildings led by lantern-carrying storytellers in costumes.
Don’t fear if you can’t make it this weekend. Haunts are Fridays and Saturdays until Oct. 26. There’s also a special Halloween tour!
- Where: Exchange Building, 15 W. Bank St., Petersburg
- When: Tours start at 7 p.m.
- Cost: Tickets are $15. Find more info here
The Richmond Folk Festival: Oct. 11 – 13
The Richmond Folk Festival is a three-day festival starting Friday that will feature several performances from a variety of cultures. The festival, one of the largest events in Virginia, will take place at the city’s historic riverfront.
There will be local performers and some from around the world. You can find the full list of performances here.
- Where: Downtown Richmond’s riverfront from 2nd to 7th streets and from Byrd Street to the river. It includes Brown’s Island, Tredegar Street, the American Civil War Center at Tredegar and parts of the Federal Reserve parking lots
- When: Oct. 11 to Oct. 13, 2019
- Cost: Free to enter!
Richmond Mac and Cheese Festival: Oct. 12
“The cheesiest event Richmond has ever seen” will feature more than 30 kinds of mac and cheese for your sampling pleasure from top chefs and other food vendors. A vast selection of craft beer, wines and ciders will also be on hand, along with live bands and entertainment. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Where: Old Dominion Building at Richmond Raceway Complex
- When: 12-8:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 12
- Cost: Tickets range from $20-$40
Magnificent Midlothian Food Festival
The 2019 Magnificent Midlothian Food Festival returns to Westchester Commons in Chesterfield County this weekend with more than 20 restaurants serving up as much grub as you can handle. Presented by Wegmans, the event features great food, live music, local craft beer, wine and paired cocktails, an extended kids’ area, tent to watch football and more! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Where: Westchester Commons
- When: 12-7 p.m. Saturday, October 12
- Cost: $30 in advance/$40 at the door
Colonial Beach Bike Fest
This four-day, blow-out motorcycle event is filled with vendors, bands, bike shows, and more! There’s a full slate of events going on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Where: Town Hill and the Boardwalk
- When: Thursday-Sunday
- Cost: $10
Dinwiddie County Fair
The Dinwiddie County Fair returns for its 9th year. The fair will feature a midway and carnival provided by Cole Amusements that will feature more than 20 rides for children, teens, and adults. In addition to the carnival, the fair will offer a variety of shows and attractions.
- Where: Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Rd. Petersburg, Va.
- When: Friday, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Sunday, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Cost: $10 per carload / $10 per walk-up
For more information, visit here.
10th Annual Community Day
Unique Barbershop & Salon will be hosting the 10th Annual Community Day in Southside Richmond. There will be free food, raffle prizes, food trucks and multiple vendors. Special guests include Mayor Levar Stoney and Richmond Fire & EMS. The Virginia Department of Health will also be doing free BMI and blood pressure screenings. For more information, visit here.
- Where: Unique Barbershop & Salon, 336 East Belt Blvd. Richmond, Va.
- When: Saturday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Butterflies LIVE! Final weekend
Say “bye-bye butterflies!” at M&T Bank Butterflies LIVE! for one last time. On Saturday and Sunday, you can participate in family-fun activities, create butterfly inspired art and engage with their Butterfly Curators as they discuss the importance of these popular pollinators. For more information, visit here.
- Where: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Avenue Richmond, Va.
- When: Saturday and Sunday. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Events and activities will happen from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cost: $13 adults, $11 seniors 55+, $8 children ages 3 – 12, FREE for children under age 3 and Garden Members.
Know of any events coming up next weekend? Let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also CLICK HERE to visit our ‘Community Calendar’ for more events and happenings going on around RVA this weekend.
- StormTracker 8: Sunny skies and pleasant today
- VIDEO: Woman hit with blender at McDonald’s after complaining about food
- World’s largest treehouse burns down in Tennessee
- 1 injured in crash involving Chesterfield school bus, tractor-trailer
- FBI: Vigilant parents can help stop national child porn epidemic