RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Don’t panic! 8News has put together a list of upcoming events to make your life easier.
Diversity Richmond is hosting a ‘Drag Bingo’ night with a jackpot of $1,000. There will be 10 games with $100 winners. In order to play there is a $20 admission (cash only).
- Where: Diversity Richmond, 1407 Sherwood Ave
- When: Thursday, February 20 from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Cost: $20
Take your ‘snow queens’ and ‘reindeer-loving outdoorsmen’ to the science museum for some snow-themed activities. There will be cool liquid nitrogen demos, winter character crafts, special showings of Frozen and much more. This event is free for museum members.
- Where: Science Museum of Virginia,
- When: Friday, February 21 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: $15.50 for adults; $13.50 for youth
Did you miss DJ Lonnie B and Kelli Lemon at last weekend’s VMFA event? Catch them at ‘The Rabbit Hole’ this Friday for a 90s old school basement party. DJs will be spinning R&B, Hip- Hop, Reggae and House.
- Where: Vagabond, 700 East Broad Street
- When: Friday, February 21 from 8 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Cost: $5 cover after 11 p.m.
Dogtown Dance Theatre is bringing New Orleans to RVA! On Saturday, the dance location will be hosting its 10th annual Mardi Gras RVA featuring performances, live music, an interactive parade, and a dance party.
Make sure to grab a bite of authentic styled New Orleans cuisine provided by Sophia’s International Cuisine, paired with a Legend brew.
- Where: Dogtown Dance Theatre, 109 West 15th Street
- When: Saturday, February 22 from 3:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: $15 for adults; $5 for children ages 5-12
Get ready for Virginia’s largest event for families with children! Happening this weekend at the Richmond Raceway, the 17th annual Richmond Kids Expo will feature family-oriented vendors
- Where: Richmond Raceway, 600 East Laburnum Avenue
- When: Saturday, February 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: $8 for adults; $3 for kids ages 2-17
Head to the Arts District Sunday for an epic 80s themed Sunday Brunch! DJ Alex will be spinning your favorite 80s music.
- Where: Bar Solita, 123 West Broad Street
- When: Sunday, February 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cost: Entry is free!
Celebrate Black History Month at The HEALing Hub this weekend. The event will have vegan food, live performances by local talent and showcase 15 artisans.
- Where: The HEALing Hub, 916 N. Arthur Ashe Blvd.
- When: Sunday, February 23 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: N/A
Calling all vintage lovers! Shop unique curated pieces by local Richmond vintage vendors at The Hof. There will be a variety of items from homewares to furniture to clothes, you are bound to take something home.
- Where: The Hof, 2818 West Broad Street
- When: Sunday, February 23 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: Free!
Know of any events coming up next weekend? Let us know by sending us an email to email@example.com.
You can also CLICK HERE to visit our ‘Community Calendar’ for more events and happenings going on around RVA this weekend.