PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Petersburg’s annual Halloween Trunk-a-Treat event has been canceled for 2020.
According to a Thursday release, the decision was made due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current restrictions involving large-scale events.
City officials say the event typically draws hundreds of people.
Trick-or-treating on Halloween is a cultural event, as opposed to a City-sponsored event. Therefore, the City cannot and is not canceling general trick-or-treating activities. However, those considering participating in traditional house-to-house trick-or-treating are urged to consider the risks detailed by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- StormTracker 8: Rain and brisk winds tonight and into Monday
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Gruden apologizes to ‘Raider nation’ after ugly loss in ATL
- Family mourns death of Richmond fire lieutenant one year after tragic shooting
- Deadline quickly approaching for Dinwiddie County non-profit COVID-19 grant