RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Colonial Heights Chamber of Commerce stepped up this week and stuffed over 400 bags of goodies for service members unable to return home for the holidays.
The Holiday Helper Association said John Brandt, Executive Director of the Colonial Heights Chamber, jumped at the opportunity to have the chamber partner again this year with Holiday Helper at Fort Lee.
The association said that Brandt and his team of 10 people spent hours getting the gifts ready for distribution. Unit leaders came by to pick up the bags to give to service members on Christmas morning.
“This is something special that we do and we are grateful the Colonial Heights Chamber is an avid supporter,” the Holiday Helper Association posted on Facebook. “All of us understand the importance of these service members being handed a bag Christmas morning, letting them know that their community is thinking of them!”
- ‘Smoke was billowing up out there’: Red Cross helps several displaced residents after senior living facility catches fire
- Driver sustains serious injuries after vehicle veers off Hanover County roadway
- Police respond to car flipped over in Richmond
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Investigation underway after California man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine