RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Evergreen Enterprises has donated 200 outdoor heat lamps for small businesses in the City of Richmond.
For many Richmond businesses, the winter season along with COVID-19 guidelines could possibly mean closing their doors but with this donation, they have the chance to stay open and keep patrons comfortable.
“The pandemic has slowed the vibrant, diverse growth our community has enjoyed in recent years, and we’re happy to partner with the city to support small businesses during this challenging time,” said Ting Xu, Founder and Chairman of the Board of Evergreen Enterprises.
“We’re fortunate to have the sourcing capabilities and factory partners to help us deliver these sought-after heaters.”
The city is now facilitating the distribution of these heat lamps to small businesses.
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
Latest Local News
- ‘Smoke was billowing up out there’: Red Cross helps several displaced residents after senior living facility catches fireA strong fire Saturday night at the Dominion Place senior living high rise apartment community sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A second person was also treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
- Driver sustains serious injuries after vehicle veers off Hanover County roadwayA driver sustained serious injuries after their vehicle veered off a Hanover County roadway Sunday afternoon.
- Police respond to car flipped over in RichmondRichmond Police are investigating a crash that left a car flipped upside-down near the 1800 black of Broad Street Sunday afternoon.
- Chesterfield developing portal for COVID vaccine waitlist after confusionThe Chesterfield Health District is working to establish a portal residents can use to register to get the COVID-19 vaccine after some confusion about a resource online.
- Coronavirus update: VDH reports over 22,000 people received first vaccine dose on SaturdayOver 22,500 people received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, the Virginia Department of Health reported.
- Man in hospital after shooting in Henrico CountyAn adult male was taken to the hospital Saturday after police responded to Delmont Street for reports of a shooting.
- Man hospitalized for burns after home catches fireAuthorities said Saturday night, the Richmond Department of Fire responded to reports of a fire at 3106 Bacronet Drive with heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.
- Water main break affecting traffic in Henrico CountyA water main break in the 2200 block of Lauderdale Drive is affecting traffic and water service in Henrico County.
- Residents evacuated at a senior housing community in RichmondThe Richmond Department of Fire was called to a senior housing community Saturday night for reports of a fire.
- Virginia National Guard will have 1,000 Soldiers and Airmen remain on duty in Washington, D.C.Approximately 1,000 Virginia National Guard (VNG) personnel will join the more than 7,000 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen from across the country in Washington, D.C.