RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — When runners hit the pavement for Ukrop’s Monument Ave 10k, one, in particular, will hit the ground with extra motivation.
Doug Orleski, the artist behind “RVA Coffee Stain” is this year’s ‘Dash for Cash’ participant and he has thousands of dollars waiting on him.
The way it works: Orleski will get a head start at the race on March 28. Should he beat all the other runners to the finish line, he’ll get $2,500 in cash. But, he plans to donate all the money to the VCU Massey Cancer Center.
There’s still time to register for the Monument Avenue 10k. Registration prices go up by $5 beginning Thursday.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- How to watch the Joe Biden and Kamala Harris Inauguration Day events from home
- Man spends 13 years in solitary confinement in Virginia prison due to language barrier
- Middlesex County Schools celebrate arrival of two electric school buses