RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police vehicle lights and sirens lit up Willow Lawn Saturday night for a good cause.
Officers surprised a boy named James on Bromley Lane with a birthday parade. According to a post from Richmond Police, James was “pretty bummed” he wouldn’t be able to celebrate his 9th birthday with his friends. So officers patrolled by to wish the 9-year-old a Happy Birthday.
To top it all off, 911 dispatch called to sing to him.
Richmond Police ended the post by stating “[Jame’s] mom later told us that James went to bed that night saying ‘this was the best birthday ever!'”
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers win 31-26 at Green Bay, heading to Super Bowl LV
- UPDATE: 4 juveniles arrested after 15-year-old girl dies after fight inside Lake Charles store
- StormTracker 8: Overcast conditions; Monday Rain chances increase
- Senior alert canceled for missing Virginia woman
- Red Cross helps many displaced residents after four fires across the Richmond metro area this weekend