‘Ride for Kids’ event raises $40,000 for brain tumor research

Positively Richmond

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Hundreds of bikers showed up at the Richmond Raceway to give kids fighting brain tumors a free ride. 

“Ride for Kids” is a fundraiser held by the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Kids could either ride on the motorcycles or in a sidecar. 

The foundation raised more than $40,000 this year. The money will be used for research grants to help find a cure. 

“We’re all in this together and what I’ve learned about the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is they’re my family,” said Jessica Blankenship, a brain tumor survivor. “Anywhere I go they’re going to treat me just like they would anyone else. They’ve really become family to me and I’ll always be grateful for that.” 

Blankenship just celebrated 19 years of being brain tumor free. 

8News investigative reporter Kerri O’Brien hosted the event and 8News anchor Juan Conde arrived by motorcycle to join in the festivities. 

Find 8News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Richmond Headlines

More Richmond

Chesterfield Headlines

More Chesterfield County

Henrico Headlines

More Henrico County

Hanover Headlines

More Hanover County

The Tri-Cities Headlines

More The Tri-Cities

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss