RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Pride Month is this June, and with it comes an array of community events, in addition to those scheduled with Richmond’s renowned Endless Summer of Pride months-long event series.
The summer-long series of festivities are put on by Virginia Pride and include more than 20 events celebrating Richmond’s LGBTQ+ community. The Endless Summer of Pride begins June 1 and runs through the end of September when it ends with a bang with Virginia Pridefest 2023.
Here’s a list of events around Richmond for Pride Month and those scheduled for the Endless Summer of Pride series.
Pride Month Event Schedule
Sunday, May 28 — Virginia Pride Pageant
- 6 p.m. at Quirk Hotel
- 18+ to attend 21+ to drink
- $10 in advance/$15 at the door
Thursday, June 1 — Pride Flag Raising at Richmond City Hall
- 1:15 p.m. at Richmond City Hall
- The Progress Pride Flag will be raised over City Hall to celebrate LGBTQ Pride Month
- Event is free and open to the public
Thursday, June 1 — Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden Flowers After 5
- 5 p.m. at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Cocktails, drag performances and a dance party with music from DJ Statistics. The Conservatory will be lit in pride colors for the month of June. All ages admitted.
- $17 for adults/$8 for youth
Pride Month at Starr Hill Beer Hall and Rooftop
Star Hill will be celebrating Pride Month by donating $1 from each “Love” beer to Virginia Pride.
- Sun. 6/4: Drag Brunch + Queens’ Flea Market
- Tue. 6/6: Drag Bingo
- Tue. 6/13: Good For Her Film Night Fundraiser
- Tue. 6/20: Drag Bingo
- Fri. 6/16: Live Music by Zach Benson
- Sat. 6/17: Daddy Issues Very Queer Makers’ Market by TransJam Events
- Thu. 6/22: Sunset Solo Show with Rachel Leyco
- Fri. 6/23: Singing with the Starrs: Queer Karaoke Night
Monday, June 5 – Sunday, June 11
Celebrate Pride Month at Dine Out For Pride at these participating Richmond restaurants. With each signature cocktail sold, $1 will be donated to Virginia Pride and the Richmond Region Tourism Foundation. More information can be found at outrva.com/dineoutforpride.
- Bar Solita
- Bell Cafe
- Cabo Fish Taco
- Casa del Barco Canal Walk
- Dave & Buster’s Richmond
- Eazzy burger
- Main Street Steakhouse
- Ms. Bees Juice Bar
- Restaurant Adarra
- River City Roll
- Sam Miller’s Restaurant and Oyster Bar
- SB’s Lakeside Love Shack
- SB’s Main Street Love Shack
- Shagbark Restaurant
- Soul Taco
- Tang and Biscuit
- Tarrant’s Downtown
- Tarrant’s West
- The Locker Room
- Three Notch’d Brewing Company
- Wok This Way
Saturday, June 17 — Pride Night with the Richmond Kickers
- 7 p.m. at City Stadium, gates open at 6
- Allianz presents “Pride Night with the Richmond Kickers” with Black Pride RVA and VA Pride.
Saturday, June 17 — Carytown Pride Bar Crawl
- Check-in from 4-6 p.m. at crawl participating location — TBD
- Tickets $15 + fees
- More information
Friday, June 23 — Pride Night at the Diamond
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m. at The Diamond, first pitch at 6:35
- 6th annual Pride Night at The Diamond celebrates diversity, inclusion and community.
- Family-friendly event
- Pride T-Shirt giveaway for the first 1,000 people
Saturday, September 16 — Scott’s Addition Pride Crawl
- Noon to 6 p.m. in Scott’s Addition
- Grab a Crawl Passport at any participating locations and crawl your favorite breweries, cideries and distilleries in Scott’s. Participating locations have yet to be announced.
Saturday, September 23 — VA Pridefest 2023 on Brown’s Island
- Noon to 8 p.m. at Brown’s Island
- Free event, all ages permitted
- Featuring live music, more than 120 vendors, food, drinks, entertainment and more!
For the full list of events put on by Virginia Pride, click here.
This article will be updated as more information is received. Stay with 8News for more.