RICHMOND, Va. — The first Armstrong/Walker Classic Parade is happening this Saturday, Nov. 27, in downtown Richmond.
The parade is a tribute to “The Classic”. An annual football game between Armstrong High School and Maggie Walker High School
The Richmond Police Department said that towing and road closure enforcement will begin at 6 a.m. on Saturday.
Per Richmond police, the following streets will be closed to public traffic from 7:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
- 8th Street @ Leigh Street
- 4th Street @ Leigh Street (West Bound and East Bound Lanes)
- 3rd Street @ Clay and 3rd and Jackson Street (No South Bound Traffic)
- 2nd Street @ Clay Street
- 1st Street @ Jackson Street
- Clay Street @ Saint James
- Adams @ Clay Street
- Leigh @ Adams (Traffic Control needed to allow traffic flow South Bound and North Bound during Parade-No left or Right Turns onto Leigh Street)
- Jackson Street @ St. Peters
- Judah Street @ West Duval
- West Clay @ Brook Road
- Belvidere and Leigh Street ((Traffic Control needed to allow traffic flow South Bound and North Bound during Parade-No left or Right Turns onto Leigh Street)
- I-95 Exit Ramp to Leigh Street
- Goshen Street @ West Clay Street
- Hancock @ West Catherine
- Harrison @ West Catherine
- West Moore @ North Harrison
- West Catherine @ Norton
- West Catherine @ Kinney Street
- West Catherine @ Bowe Street
- Lombardy @ West Broad Street
- Lombardy @ Allen Avenue
- Lombardy @ Brook Road
- Admiral Street @ Brook Road
Information is subject to change. Richmond police will updates on Twitter at @RichmondPolice.