RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Lottery has announced the release of the state’s first-ever scratch-off ticket to cost $50.
The scratcher, $326,000,000 Fortune, was created to provide a variety of gaming options appealing to “a broad range of consumers,” according to the lottery release.
The game’s name refers to the total amount of prize money available in the game, which includes:
- Three $5 million top prizes
- 12 second place prizes worth $100,000
- Several $100 and $600 prizes
The game was made available to consumers across Virginia starting Tuesday, Oct. 4. While $326,000,000 Fortune is the first Virginia scratcher to be offered at the $50 price point, it is not the first game the Lottery has created to cost $50. Several online instant games are offered at $50 per ticket pricing.
- Police searching for man caught on camera stealing construction worker’s van at Hopewell gas station
- Southern University marching band members hit, killed while changing flat tire
- Supreme Court signals interest in middle path in major election law clash
- SF Board of Supervisors votes against allowing police to use killer robots
- Fairfax Police find mushrooms, THC gummies, vapes, marijuana while responding to burglary call