RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -- The Wheelmobile is coming to Richmond next month in search of contestants for televisions No. 1 game show!
What is the Wheelmobile?
The Wheelmobile is a 36-foot Winnebago that tours nationwide in search of contestants for television’s #1 game show. The Wheelmobile team is coming your way to find contestants in the Richmond area!
Where and when will the Wheelmobile event take place?
The Wheelmobile event will take place during two special days of contestant searches.
When: Saturday & Sunday, October 27th & 28th from 1 PM – 5 PM
Where: Stony Point Fashion Park, located at 9200 Stony Point Parkway, Richmond, VA 23235
* The event will be held outdoors within Triangle Park located between the Saks Fifth Avenue and Dick’s Sporting Goods anchor outlets at Stony Point Fashion Park. Free self-parking for the event will be available throughout the property, with the South lot closest to Dick’s Sporting Goods providing the best location for attendees to park. In case of severe inclement weather, the Wheelmobile event will move indoors and within the former Dick’s Sporting Goods space.
*We will begin handing out applications one hour before each show begins. Shows will begin at 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., with each show lasting about an hour. There is no need to arrive hours in advance of the event. Everyone who attends the event will be able to submit an application. We will select participants to come to the stage and audition via a random draw.
How does it work?
• There are three Wheel of Fortune shows during each day of a Wheelmobile event. Each show lasts approximately one hour.
• Everyone who comes to a Wheelmobile event will receive a color-coded application. The color of the application tells you what time the game you are eligible for will begin.
• Fill out your application and drop it in a nearby receptacle. Just before show time, we will put all the applications in a big golden drum that sits on the stage.
• When the show begins, our Wheelmobile host will pick applications at random from the drum and call participants up to the stage (in groups of five) to play the game.
• On stage, we will do a brief interview with each contestant and play a version of the Wheel of Fortune Speed-Up Round.
• Each person who comes up to the stage will be evaluated as a potential contestant for the show. At the end of the puzzle all contestants on stage will be awarded a prize. (Wheel of Fortune hats, t-shirts and duffle bags are just some of the stuff you might win.)
• Wheel of Fortune is looking for good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. This is your opportunity to shine. Show us what you’ve got!
• After the Wheelmobile event in your area has been conducted, we will choose the people we believe will be the best candidates for the show (based on their overall performance on stage) to take part in a final round of auditions. These final auditions will take place in the Richmond area within about a month after our last event date.
• We will get as many people up to the stage as we can. However, we know there will be many more folks at our Wheelmobile events than we can possibly audition. For this reason, we will reserve some slots in the final auditions for those individuals who attended Wheelmobile events but did not make it up to the stage. After all Wheelmobile events have been conducted, we will draw a number of names at random from all the applications we receive in the Richmond area for these slots.
• If you are invited to the final auditions, you will receive a letter or email within about a month of our last Wheelmobile event.
What are the contestant eligibility requirements?
• You must be 18 years of age to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
• You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Television International, Quadra Productions, Inc., CBS Television Distribution Group, Enteractive Solutions Group, The Visionaire Group, Klick Communications Inc., Promotional Consideration Inc., game show prize suppliers, WRIC-TV (including its advertisers and affiliated radio stations), or any TV stations or networks broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
• You are not eligible to appear on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on another game show, dating-relationship show or reality show in the last year or three game shows, dating-relationship shows or reality shows in the last ten years.
• You are not eligible if you have appeared on any version of Wheel of Fortune (including the daytime version with Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, Bob Goen or any other hosts) “Teen Week,” or “Wheel 2000.”
• All expenses incurred while interviewing and (if selected as a contestant) appearing on the show, including airfare, hotel, etc. are the responsibility of the applicant.
• A contestant audition does not guarantee a spot on the show. The applicant understands that Wheel of Fortune is under no obligation to use him/her as a contestant. It is entirely at the producer's discretion.
Kings Dominion Great Pumpkin FestCopyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kings Dominion Great Pumpkin FestRead More »
Kings Dominion Halloween HauntCopyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kings Dominion Halloween HauntRead More »
One person was killed after severe weather and tornadoes left a trail of damage throughout Central Virginia Monday afternoon.Read More »
Get access to the new 8News closings and delays systemCopyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Register your school, business or church to be included in our new closings and delays system.Read More »
Michael Strahan and Sara Haines to co-host 'GMA Day'Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Michael Strahan and Sara Haines are teaming up as co-hosts of “GMA Day,” the new third hour of “Good Morning America” debuting this fall.Read More »
Wheelmobile coming to RVA in search of contestantsCopyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Wheelmobile is coming to Richmond next month in search of contestants for televisions No. 1 game show!Read More »
8News Presents: Top of the Class 2018Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
8News is proud to once again recognize high school scholars from across Central Virginia with our annual 'Top of the Class' celebration.Read More »
SUBMIT: 8News School Kids of the DayCopyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Want to see your child on Good Morning Richmond? Send us their photo for a chance to have them featured as an 8News School Kid of the Day!Read More »
Add 8News and the StormTracker 8 team to your Amazon Alexa flash briefingCopyright by WRIC - All rights reserved
8News and the Storm Tracker 8 team now produce news and weather forecasts tailored specifically to your Alexa-enabled devices.Read More »
Download the free 8News and StormTracker 8 mobile apps!Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Stay on top of the latest news, weather, sports and traffic in Central Virginia with the free WRIC 8News App.Read More »