(Nexstar Media Wire) — Actor Idris Elba announced in a video on Monday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
The actor said he has no symptoms and quarantined himself on Friday after learning he had been in contact with someone who had the virus.
He was tested immediately and the results came back Monday.
“I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus,” Elba said in the video he tweeted out. “Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing.”
“So now is a real time to be real vigilant about washing your hands and keeping your distance, ok,” he went on to say in the video, which is just over two minutes long.
- How a struggling household can get federal rental assistance
- ‘I just want to know why’: Long Island woman speaks out after horrific acid attack
- Police arrest man linked to fatal Thursday afternoon shooting in Chesterfield
- Arkansas woman says she was fired for refusing to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Remember ‘Me at the Zoo’? The first YouTube video posted 16 years ago