HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — It’s music to our socially-distanced ears!
Central Virginia band directors and musicians teamed up for a virtual performance of First Suite in Eb for Military Band; III. March by Gustav Holst. Shared on Henrico County Public School’s Facebook page, the idea rose from Freeman High School’s Rob Blankenship.
“I picked a piece of music that I knew we’d all be familiar with, and started to contact friends who were directors and music teachers in the area,” the post read. “We got all of the parts covered, sent out the information of how to record and where to send the recordings. Once I got all of the videos I put everything together. I am really pleased with the outcome! We have some very talented and dedicated musicians and educators in Central Virginia!”
WATCH THE FULL PERFORMANCE BELOW:
More than 20 area band directors and musicians participated.
- Virginia removes most Confederate symbols nationwide
- Nearly 4 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses head out across US
- Northam ‘welcomes’ investigation into draft report on Va. Parole Board as IG says governor’s office never got a copy
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- Police, VCU remain tight-lipped about investigation surrounding death of Adam Oakes as questions linger