HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — It’s music to our socially-distanced ears!
Central Virginia band directors and musicians teamed up for a virtual performance of First Suite in Eb for Military Band; III. March by Gustav Holst. Shared on Henrico County Public School’s Facebook page, the idea rose from Freeman High School’s Rob Blankenship.
“I picked a piece of music that I knew we’d all be familiar with, and started to contact friends who were directors and music teachers in the area,” the post read. “We got all of the parts covered, sent out the information of how to record and where to send the recordings. Once I got all of the videos I put everything together. I am really pleased with the outcome! We have some very talented and dedicated musicians and educators in Central Virginia!”
WATCH THE FULL PERFORMANCE BELOW:
More than 20 area band directors and musicians participated.
- Virginians to ‘face’ new mask reality come Friday: ‘It’s not going to kill me’
- Hopewell man arrested in connection with sexual assault of teenager, firing shots into her home
- Virginia Department of Labor to draft COVID-related workplace regulations
- In a first, Twitter labels President Trump’s tweets with fact-checks
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina