RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Several new cases of COVID-19 have popped up at “The Virginia Home” assistant living facility in Richmond. In total, seven cases were just confirmed by the center’s President & CEO Robert Crouse.
In a letter written to resident’s families, Crouse said, “What I can tell you at this minute is that we have 7 residents who are confirmed positive and they all live on the same floor.”
Crouse added the facility was cleaned in accordance with CDC regulations. He mentioned all high touch areas in the rooms were hand cleaned and fogged with residents removed.
The news comes as a nursing home in Henrico, Canterbury Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, reported its 17th total death.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Warmer and more humid week on tap; showers to return
- ‘Memorial Day is about acknowledging these lives’: Virginia’s fallen heroes honored virtually
- Three Sheets To The Wind to play drive-in concert at City Stadium in June
- “Weather or Not?” The NASA Demo-2 Launch
- US faces Memorial Day like no other under virus restrictions