CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Chesterfield County Health District is the latest Central Virginia health district to announce their move into Phase 1c of the COVID-19 vaccination plan. While members of the first two phases will continue to get first dibs, the rest of the area’s essential workers can now try and get their shots too.
“We are pleased to open up vaccinations to the next group of eligible residents,” said Dr. Alexander Samuel, director of CHD. “The increasing supply of vaccines is allowing us to vaccinate more people every day and we are one step closer to herd immunity.”
Phase 1c includes employees in the following industries:
- waste/recycling removal
- housing and construction
- food service
- transportation and logistics
- institutions of higher education (faculty and staff)
- information technology & communication
- legal services
- public safety (including engineers)
- other public health workers
- barbers, stylists/hairdressers.