RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Saturday, February 27:
The Virginia Department of Health is reported an increase of 169 deaths in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths in the Commonwealth to 8,382.
The state’s COVID-19 cases also increased by 1,675. The new state total is 574,314.
There was a slight change in the positivity rate, it is now at 7.4%.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 46,748 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,192 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 303 are in the ICU and 185 are on a ventilator.
VDH is reporting that a total of 1,781,339 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of Feb. 26.
The percentage of people in the state who have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is 14.0%.
A total of 587,990 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 33,025 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
Virginia’s pre-registration system open
Virginians hoping to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine are now able to through a new statewide pre-registration system that opened Wednesday morning.
CLICK HERE to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia.
Coronavirus testing near you
- Thursday, March 4 — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Randolph Community Center, 1415 Grayland Ave.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Feb. 26, the college has reported:
- 52 active student cases and 8 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 9 students are in isolation on campus.
- 24 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Feb. 26, here is what the college has reported:
- 11 current active COVID-19 cases
- January 2021 monthly positivity was 3.6%
- 12,468 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
Henrico County had the largest increase of new cases of the coronavirus in Central Virginia, reporting 96 in the last 24 hours. It was followed by Chesterfield County, which reported 86 new cases of COVID-19.
- Charles City County: 397 cases, 11 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 23,488 cases, 291 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,344 cases, 41 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,087 cases, 37 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,136 cases, 48 deaths
- City of Richmond: 14,794 cases, 186 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 1,787 cases, 26 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,208 cases, 13 deaths
- Hanover County: 6,637 cases, 123 deaths
- Henrico County: 21,330 cases, 471 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,237 cases, 11 death
- Powhatan County: 1,638 cases, 8 deaths