RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia has seen an increase of more than 1,000 cases everyday this week.
On Saturday, the Virginia Department of Health reported 1,088 new COVID-19 cases. This brings the state total to 172,372 cases. Deaths in the Commonwealth have reached 3,578 — that’s 39 new deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
A model by the University of Virginia predicts that Virginia will see a surge in cases by Thanksgiving. According to the model, more than 200,000 people in the state will have coronavirus.
- Monday, October 26 — Cornerstone AG Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27 — United Methodist Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29 — Cornerstone AG Church, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 and 31 — Faith and Family Church 5 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31 — Southside Community Service Center 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24— Lewis and Clark Elementary, 18101 Clark and York Blvd, Ruther Glen, Va, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
COVID-19 AT LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
As of Oct. 22, the college has reported:
- 14 active student cases and 7 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 2 students are in isolation on campus.
- 5 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Oct. 21, here is what the college has reported:
- 28 total cases and 3 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said the monthly testing positivity rate is 0.5%
The university’s dashboard as of Oct. 9 shows that:
- 26 total (students and employees) active cases.
- 1,568 people have recovered from the virus since July.
- Read about one JMU student’s experience with COVID-19 here.
LOCAL COVID-19 CASES IN SCHOOLS
|COUNTY||STAFF CASES||STUDENT CASES||DEATHS|
LOCAL COVID-19 CASES
Chesterfield County saw the largest increase of COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia with 65 new cases reported in the last 24 hours. It was followed by Henrico County, which reported 24 new cases of COVID-19.
Richmond had the greatest number of new coronavirus deaths reported at seven, brining the total to 76 deaths.
- Charles City County: 99 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 6,934 cases, 102 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 300 cases, 26 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 500 cases, 7 deaths
- City of Richmond: 5,235 cases, 76 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 505 cases, 12 deaths
- Goochland County: 324 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 1,591 cases, 42 deaths
- Henrico County: 6,136 cases, 229 deaths
- New Kent County: 281 cases, 3 death
- Powhatan County: 304 cases, 5 deaths