RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest update from the Virginia Department of Health for Friday, September 19.
According to the health department, Virginia now has 139,655 cases — 132,966 confirmed and 6,689 probable. This is an increase of 953 new reported cases since Friday. A total of 10,562 people have been hospitalized due to the virus and 2,990 people have died
The current 7-day positivity rate across all health districts in the state is 6.2 percent — four percent lower than Friday and seven percent lower since last Saturday.
Upcoming testing locations
- Tuesday, September 22 — Neighborhood Resource Center in Greater Fulton 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday, September 24 — Neighborhood Resource Center in Greater Fulton 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Call the COVID-19 hotline to register: (804) 205-3501
Beulah United Methodist Church
- 6930 Hopkins Road
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sept. 16, 23 and 30
Walmsley Boulevard United Methodist Church
- 2950 Walmsley Blvd.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sept. 15, 17, 22 and 29
- 10551 Chalkley Road
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Sept. 17 and 24
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Sept. 21 and 28
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Sept. 18, the college has reported:
- 41 active student cases and 8 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 9 students are in isolation on campus.
- 17 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Sept. 18, here is what the college has reported:
- 15 total cases and 0 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said there were 25 people who tested positive before arriving on campus.
- 0.3 percent cumulative testing positivity rate
The university’s dashboard as of Sept. 18 shows that:
- 261 total (students and employees) active cases.
- 1,140 people have recovered from the virus since July.
- The overall positivity rate of the university’s health center’s test is 24.62%
- Read about one JMU student’s experience with COVID-19 here.
COVID-19 Cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 82 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 5,724 cases, 90 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 242 cases, 24 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 381 cases, 7 deaths
- City of Richmond: 4,468 cases, 55 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 362 cases, 10 deaths
- Goochland County: 255 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 1,212 cases, 36 deaths
- Henrico County: 5,224 cases, 208 deaths
- New Kent County: 180 cases, 2 death
- Powhatan County: 210 cases, 5 deaths
- Coronavirus update: Lowest number of cases reported in Virginia since October
- StormTracker8: Warm up begins today
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- ‘We had a guardian angel’: Woman impaled by tree limb has 7 broken ribs, husband says
- Soul of RVA: Richmond Black Restaurant Experience