RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Wednesday, March 31:
The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 1,035 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases in the Commonwealth to 618,976.
The number of deaths increased to a total of 10,242. The state’s positivity rate remains at 5.8%
Coronavirus testing near you
- Thursday, April 1: Second Baptist Church, 2200 Broad Rock Blvd from 1 to 3 p.m.
VDH is reporting that a total of 3,773,586 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of March 31.
The percentage of people in the state who have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is 29.5%.
A total of 1,346,564 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 65,046 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 51481 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,048 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 228 are in the ICU and 134 are on a ventilator.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of March 30, the college has reported:
- 50 active student cases and 14 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 1 student is in isolation on campus.
- 7 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of March 29, here is what the college has reported:
- 17 current active COVID-19 cases
- February 2021 monthly positivity was 1.6%
- 20,048 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.Vaccine passports: Private sector will likely take lead; no federal mandate, White House says
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 451 cases, 15 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 25,404 cases, 396 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,525 cases, 57 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,348 cases, 64 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,509 cases, 77 deaths
- City of Richmond: 15,773 cases, 243 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 1,975 cases, 42 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,315 cases, 21 deaths
- Hanover County: 7,332 cases, 146 deaths
- Henrico County: 23,156 cases, 571 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,385 cases, 14 death
- Powhatan County: 1,772 cases, 11 deaths