RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia’s coronavirus cases rose by 1,018 in the last 24 hours.
According to the Virginia Department of Health, COVID-19 cases have reached 168,772 and deaths are up to 3,515. The state’s positivity rate is at 4.9 percent.
Since the start of the pandemic, Virginia has had a total of 1,188 COVID-19 outbreaks. These outbreaks have contributed to 26,226 COVID-19 cases.
On Tuesday, ABC News obtained a White House Coronavirus Task Force report issued for state governors.
According to the weekly briefing, Virginia is in the “orange zone” for coronavirus cases.
According to the report, last week Virginia reported 51 to 100 new cases per 100,000 population — the 34th highest rate in the country.
- Monday, October 26 — Cornerstone AG Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27 — United Methodist Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 22 and 29 — Cornerstone AG Church, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 and 31 — Faith and Family Church 5 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31 — Southside Community Service Center 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24— Lewis and Clark Elementary, 18101 Clark and York Blvd, Ruther Glen, Va, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
COVID-19 AT LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
As of Oct. 21, the college has reported:
- 17 active student cases and 5 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 4 students are in isolation on campus.
- 11 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Oct. 19, here is what the college has reported:
- 28 total cases and 4 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said the monthly testing positivity rate is 0.5%
The university’s dashboard as of Oct. 9 shows that:
- 37 total (students and employees) active cases.
- 1,554 people have recovered from the virus since July.
- Read about one JMU student’s experience with COVID-19 here.
COVID-19 IN LOCAL SCHOOLS
|COUNTY||STAFF CASES||STUDENT CASES||DEATHS|
LOCAL COVID-19 CASES
- Charles City County: 137 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 8,942 cases, 128 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 397 cases, 26 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 603 cases, 9 deaths
- City of Richmond: 6,491 cases, 81 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 650 cases, 13 deaths
- Goochland County: 420 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 2,312 cases, 52 deaths
- Henrico County: 8,047 cases, 244 deaths
- New Kent County: 372 cases, 4 death
- Powhatan County: 437 cases, 6 deaths