RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia’s coronavirus cases rose by 1,018 in the last 24 hours.
According to the Virginia Department of Health, COVID-19 cases have reached 168,772 and deaths are up to 3,515. The state’s positivity rate is at 4.9 percent.
Since the start of the pandemic, Virginia has had a total of 1,188 COVID-19 outbreaks. These outbreaks have contributed to 26,226 COVID-19 cases.
On Tuesday, ABC News obtained a White House Coronavirus Task Force report issued for state governors.
According to the weekly briefing, Virginia is in the “orange zone” for coronavirus cases.
According to the report, last week Virginia reported 51 to 100 new cases per 100,000 population — the 34th highest rate in the country.
- Monday, October 26 — Cornerstone AG Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27 — United Methodist Church 4 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 22 and 29 — Cornerstone AG Church, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 and 31 — Faith and Family Church 5 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31 — Southside Community Service Center 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24— Lewis and Clark Elementary, 18101 Clark and York Blvd, Ruther Glen, Va, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
COVID-19 AT LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
As of Oct. 21, the college has reported:
- 17 active student cases and 5 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 4 students are in isolation on campus.
- 11 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Oct. 19, here is what the college has reported:
- 28 total cases and 4 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said the monthly testing positivity rate is 0.5%
The university’s dashboard as of Oct. 9 shows that:
- 37 total (students and employees) active cases.
- 1,554 people have recovered from the virus since July.
- Read about one JMU student’s experience with COVID-19 here.
COVID-19 IN LOCAL SCHOOLS
|COUNTY||STAFF CASES||STUDENT CASES||DEATHS|
LOCAL COVID-19 CASES
- Charles City County: 501 cases, 16 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 27,825 cases, 431 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,708 cases, 61 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,593 cases, 75 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,879 cases, 86 deaths
- City of Richmond: 17,011 cases, 266 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,126 cases, 44 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,451 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 8,139 cases, 158 deaths
- Henrico County: 25,367 cases, 612 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,499 cases, 18 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,911 cases, 17 deaths